Lecturer of Electrical Engineering
Jl Ki Hajar Dewantara, Jababeka Education Park
Cikarang, Bekasi, West Java, 17550, Indonesia
Ph.D in Electronics Engineering, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, 2014
MSc.Eng in Electronics Engineering, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, 2009
ST. in Electronic Engineering, Universitas Indonesia, 2003
International and National Conferences
1. J.W. Simatupang and S.L. Lee, “Simple Performance Analysis of Cross-Seeding WDM-PON Using Transfer Matrix Method,” Poster Presentation in Optics and Photonics Taiwan, International Conference (OPTIC 2013), Poster 2013-THU-P0201-P004 [Nominated for the best poster award], National Central University (NCU), Chung-Li, Dec.5-7, 2013.
2. P.D. Pukhrambam, M.H. Chuang, S.L. Lee, G. Keiser, Y.Jr. Hung, and J.W. Simatupang, “Performance enhancement of radio-over-fiber system by optical injection locking of a directly modulated semiconductor laser,“ Oral Presentation in Photonics Global Conference (PGC) 2012, Paper c12a383, Singapore, Dec.13-16, 2012.
3. J.W. Simatupang and S.L. Lee, “Analysis of Rayleigh backscattering effects in 105 km long-reach RSOA-based hybrid WDM/TDM PONs,” Oral Presentation in OPTIC 2012, Paper 98415675 [Nominated for the best (oral) paper award], National Taiwan University (NTU), Taipei, Dec.6-8, 2012.
4. C.Y. Lin, M.H. Chuang, J.W. Simatupang, M.R Lee and S.L. Lee, “An ASE Source Based WDM-PON System with a Remotely Pumped EDFA,” Oral Presentation in OPTIC 2012, Paper 98220135, National Taiwan University (NTU), Taipei, Dec.6-8, 2012.
5. J.W. Simatupang and S.L. Lee, “Theoretical and Simulation Analysis on Potential Impairments in Bidirectional WDM-PONs,” Oral Presentation in 3rd International Conference on Photonics (ICP) 2012, Penang, Malaysia, Oct.1-3, 2012. [This paper has been indexed in IEEEXploreDigitalLibrary:http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/mostRecentIssue.jsp?punumber=63 62335]
6. Y.L. Shieu, S.C. Lin, J.W. Simatupang, C.Y. Lin, C.W. Lee, and S.L. Lee, “RSOA-based Simultaneous Bidirectional Transmission of WiMAX and NRZ Signals over WDM-PON,” Oral Presentation in International Photonics Conference (IPC) 2011, Paper B-FR-II5-7, National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), Tainan, Taiwan, Dec.8-10, 2011.
7. J.W. Simatupang, S.L. Lee, Y.T. Pan, and S.C. Lin, “Low Cost Light Source for WDM-PON Based on Injected Taper FP-LD,” Oral Presentation in Annual Indonesian Scholar Conference in Taiwan (AISCT) 2011, Paper 75, Asia University (AU), Taichung, Taiwan, March 19, 2011.
8. J.W. Simatupang and S.L. Lee, “Low Cost Light Source for WDM-PON Based on Injected Taper FP-LD,” Oral Presentation in OPT 2010, Paper OPT2-O-08, Southern Taiwan University of Technology (STUT), Tainan, Taiwan, Dec.3-4, 2010.
9. O. Haobijam, G. Keiser, Y.Jr. Hung, Z.R. Lin, and J.W. Simatupang, “Optical Coupler Asymmetry Effects on OCT Measurements,” Poster Presentation in OPT 2010, Paper OPT6-P-014, Southern Taiwan University of Technology (STUT), Tainan, Taiwan, Dec.3-4, 2010.
10. J.W. Simatupang, S.L. Lee, Y.T. Pan, Y.Jr. Hung, Y.R. Huang, J.S. Wang, and S.C. Lin, “Vertical InGaAsP/InP Taper FP-LD for Injection-Locking Applications,” Oral Presentation in National Conference on OPT 2009, National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU), Taipei, Taiwan, Dec.11-12, 2009.
11. J.W. Simatupang, W.S. Wu, and S.L. Lee, “The Study of Relative Etching Rate of Masked InP/InGaAsP in Fabrication of Vertical Taper-Waveguide by Diffusion Limited Etching,” Oral Presentation in International Conference on Materials and Metallurgical Technology (ICOMMET) 2009, Paper IM 6, Kampus ITS Sukolilo-Surabaya, Indonesia, June 24-25, 2009.
12. W.S. Wu, J.W. Simatupang, and S.L. Lee, “Design and Fabrication of Fabry-Perot Laser Diodes with Vertical Tapered-Waveguide by Diffusion-Limited Etching,” Oral Presentation in OPT2008, Paper Sat-S37-05, Taipei International Convention Center (TICC), Taipei, Taiwan, Dec.5-6, 2008.
1. J.W. Simatupang and S.L. Lee, “Transfer matrix analysis of backscattering and reflection effects on WDM-PON systems,” Optics Express, 21(23), 27565-27577 (2013) [SCI Journal: IF:3.546].
2. J.W. Simatupang, “Theoretical Analysis On Optical Beat Interferometric Noises in Bidirectional Single-Fiber Single-Wavelength Transmission Over WDM-PON Systems,” In submission, 2015 [International Journal of Technology (IJTech), ISSN: 2086-9614]
1. Joni Welman Simatupang, “Simulation and Analysis of Rayleigh Backscattering Effects in 105 Km Long-Reach RSOA-Based Hybrid WDM/TDM PON Transmissions,” in Jurnal Teknologi Indonesia (JTI) Vol. 36, No. 1, April 2013 issue of Jurnal LIPI (Lembaga Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia).
2. Joni Welman Simatupang, “Theoretical Analysis of Backreflections in Bidirectional Wavelength Division Multiplexing-Passive Optical Networks,” in Vol. 2, No. 1 March 2013 issue of Buletin Teknik Elektro dan Informatika (Bulletin of Electrical Engineering and Informatics), Universitas Ahmad Dahlan (UAD) Yogyakarta.
3. Joni Welman Simatupang, “Vertical Taper InGaAsP/InP Fabry-Perot Laser Diode for Injection-Locking Applications in WDM-PON Systems,” Jurnal Sains dan Teknologi EMAS FT-UKI, Vol. 20, No. 1, Maret 2010.
4. Joni Welman Simatupang, Wen-Sheng Wu, and San-Liang Lee, “Relative Etching Rates of Vertical Down Taper-Ridge Waveguide by Diffusion-Limited Etching,” Jurnal Sains dan Teknologi EMAS FT-UKI, Vol. 19, No. 1, Maret 2009.
Publication download page —> Click here
Optical Fiber; Optical Communications and Network Systems; Biophotonics, Laser Diode and LED
Semiconductor Device Physics; Quantum Physics; Optical Fiber Communication and Networks, Biophotonics, Laser Diode
Scholarship Recipients at National Taiwan University of Science and Technology for five years: Mastering Program (2007-2009) and Doctoral Program (2009-2012).
Reading books; Playing Soccer; Playing Guitar